2012 News Archive
January 17, 2012: Treasurer's Position Available
The SFS is seeking someone to fill the Treasurer's position as of July 1, 2012. The position's responsibilities include:
1. Maintain the central SFS investment account.
2. Maintain the central SFS checking account.
3. File annual tax returns and other corporate documents demanded by government authorities.
4. Pay SFS vendors.
5. Hire an accounting firm to prepare taxes, government forms and produce annual financial statements.
6. Oversee the creation and changes to checking accounts associated with SFS journals and back office.
7. Oversee SFS journal and back office checking accounts to insure they do not accumulate excess cash.
8. Produce annual reports for the SFS board and membership meetings.
9. Choose and work with outside counsel any time by-laws or publishing contracts are revised.
If you are interested please contact either Ken Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matthew Spiegel at email@example.com .
January 12, 2012: Texas Finance Festival
Conference Announcement and Call for Papers : 14th Annual Texas Finance Festival, April 26-28, 2012